The Omnes Healthcare team are passionate about working closely with local communities and voluntary organisations. We seek to establish practices that are accepted as 'community centres', breaking down the barriers between health and social care and allowing our surgeries to be there for every aspect of patients' lives.
Some of the ways that we have achieved this include:
- Introduction of a ‘walk in morning' service
- Care home visits, liasing with District nurse teams
- Young peoples' PPG to consider targeted needs and tailored educational support to encourage healthy living
- Patient gardening group
- Monthly newsletter with information and education on the management of medical conditions, new initiatives at the practice and in the wider community. We also provide a range of educational leaflets on chronic conditions and pathways of care available at our practices and within the local community
- Partnering with local charities to provide drop-in medical services, collecting donations and educational talks
- Patient champions - volunteers who support our patients, giving information about the services that we provide and eliciting feedback, improvement ideas or concerns which are fed back to our practice teams
- Enhanced services - including our over 75s care plan which saw a resultant decrease in the number of hospital admissions in patients aged 75 and over
I have been the Practice Manager at Melbourne Grove since November 2015. I enjoy helping and being involved with the local community and services. Working for Omnes Healthcare is a great pleasure, the team are amazing and all come together to try and help our patients as best they can.
Stephanie, Practice Manager